Wednesday, September 14, 2011
-1 cup flour + more for mixing
-3/4 cup dashi stock
-3 or 4 slices of bacon, diced
-1/2 head cabbage, slivered
-2 carrots, cut into slivers
-1 green onion, diced
-Spicy Mayonnaise (mayo + a dash of Sriracha sauce)
1. Mix everything together (except the sauces). Be sure that the vegetables and bacon are cut into as small slivers as possible!
2. Continue adding flour in increments until the mixture has the consistency of pancake batter.
3. Ladle out a scoop onto a hot frying pan and spread out to about 1/4-inch thickness
4. Cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes, then flip over and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Drizzle spicy mayo and okonomiyaki sauce on top. Enjoy!