Wednesday, July 14, 2010
The recipe is slightly more complicated than the one for chocolate chip cookies, but still very simple, as are most cookie recipes.
Coconut Macaroons (adapted from Joy Of Baking)
-2 egg whites, at room temperature
-1/2 cup granulated white sugar
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup cake flour, sifted
-1.5 cups shredded, dried coconut
1. Place the egg whites, sugar, and salt in a stainless steel bowl, positioned over a pan of simmering water.
2. Stir until the mixture is warm and creamy.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
5. Drop equally sized portions of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are faily far apart from each other.
6. Bake at 325F for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Leave out for about 10 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack and eating.