Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wedding Favors: Jams!

Last week, a member of Mom's church got married, and Mom and her gang of friends attended to help out. I think Mom was in charge of the seating arrangements or something...I'm not even sure what she went for. All I know is that she and her friends ate a LOT and had more fun than some of the guests, I think. My mom is funny - she'll appreciate any reason to have a good time.

Anyway, she brought home some of the wedding favors - little jam jars tied with ribbon and cloth. I'm not a huge fan of jam, but they were so cute that I had to take a picture.

Anyway, last night was probably one of the last times I would see many of the friends with whom I grew up and got to know here in NorCal. I'm certainly excited to be starting my new life in Philadelphia, but at the same time, I know that my chances to meet with these people will be hard to come by - especially with the hassle and cost of airplane tickets across the country.

We all hung around eating the subjects of my last few posts (mostly various forms of bread and baked goods), drinking beer, and playing an epic game of Settlers (I am never going to help Theo again). It's nice after seeing so much of the college life of parties and drinking to regroup with old friends and once again enjoy the simple fun of game night and downright silliness. I know already from my undergraduate experiences that meeting people like this is rare, and it makes me sad to think that I will be hard sought to find friends with whom I can be so comfortable and genuine. I was lucky with the people I met in UCSD...but what will it be like in Jefferson?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails