Friday, August 12, 2011

Hokkaido Milk Bread

Here I am, frantically struggling to update all the latest pictures I've taken before school starts. Unfortunately, I feel like a few of my most recent shots haven't had much thought into them. I'm not entirely satisfied with the composition of some of them...but that's okay. The most important thing is that I put them down on this blog, and maybe in the future, I'll correct these photos again.

For the majority of my life, I feel like I've been handed amazing situations and people who have really helped me through life. And for the most part, I am in constant shock at how much I have lucked out by receiving these gifts.

Recently, I've been learning to become a little more impulsive, a little more carefree, a little more free to whatever life throws at me. But sometimes, when something comes along that is almost too good to be true, I hesitate to accept it immediately. It's even after you've closed your eyes and pinched yourself blue to awaken yourself from whatever dream you may be having, when you look up and see that same thing waiting for you as open and accepting as ever, that you should maybe start considering it as reality. Maybe? I don't know...it's still a dangerous concept to let yourself go completely because it puts you in a very vulnerable position. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I have much of a choice in the way I feel...


Hokkaido Milk Loaf (adapted from RasaMalaysia)

Ingredients:

4 1/2  cups bread flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
250ml milk
190ml heavy whipping cream
1 large egg
2 Tbsp milk powder
4Tbsp fine sugar
3 tsp dry yeast
1/2 Tbsp salt


1. In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, cream, salt, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the 2 types of flours, then knead until the dough is non-sticky and elastic.
3. Cover with saran wrap and allow to proof for about 1 hour until the dough is doubled in size.
4. Divide the dough into 4 pieces, then flatten each out.
5. Roll each piece up jelly-roll style, then place each into a greased loaf pan.
6. Cover and allow to proof for another hour.
7. Bake at 375F for about 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
8. Serve hot with jam and butter!

1 comment:

  1. This loaf looks scrumptious. I feel like that with my photos too sometimes. Its tough dealing with that. I like these shots though. It makes the bread look scrumptious. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails