Friday, June 18, 2010
Well, whatever the reason, Mom has a special craving for this recipe of candied pecans. She's so funny - she asked me to find the recipe for her, but when I read her one, she stared accusingly at me and scolded, "No! That's not right!" as if it were my fault the recipe read the way it did? She's very proud of her food. When I told her I was going to post this online, she insisted that she be noted in the credits. Silly mom.
Anyway, this recipe is great for parties or general finger food. But, on the downside, Mom gets mad if we ever leave a container out because she says that she can't stop eating it when it's in front of her. So eaters beware of your waistlines!
-4 lbs fresh pecans
-3 egg whites
-3/4 cups brown sugar
-1.5 tsp cinnamon
-1.5 tsp salt
-1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix all ingrediants together. Make sure the pecans are well-coated.
2. Bake at 300F for about 20 minutes.
3. Take out of the oven and stir.
4. Continue baking for another 20 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool and dry before munching! It tastes crazy good when it's hot.
* Note: for extra flavor, add more vanilla and cinnamon. Mom likes the nuts on the blander side.